Beauty and the beast is one of my favorite animated movies. To me, it represents unexpected love that is described as ugly and frightening. Now, I’m sure we all know the story about Belle and The Beast, how at first sight there was fear and misfortune but as they started to spend time with each other and learn about one another, all the fear and anger slowly drifted away. She saw the soft side of the beast. She saw how he didn’t like the way people sought him out. He didn’t want to be a bad person, he was just bitter and tired of being judged. But there was beauty in the ugly situations. I feel that beauty and the beast tells a story that all of us can relate to.
As I stated in my letter “Dear Skin I’m in” I reflected on my imperfect skin and I came to find love in my on natural skin. First, I will say that having eczema is not something I gloat about but Its apart of me and has been since I was a child. I would have these major flare ups that would make me itch to the point of me bleeding. Yes, that’s how serious it was. Over the years, I learned how to control my eczema so that I could be comfortable and not embarrassed but also still have my identity. I was picked on because I had dark spots on my arms, legs, and neck. I just shunned them away by just covering my skin up so that no one would see it. As the years went on I started to find myself in my eczema filled skin. I began to like my skin. I accepted it, eczema had become my beast, my beauty inside of the beast.
So, hear me when I say, don’t hate your flaw. Embrace your flaw. I believe that GOD gave us an imperfection so that we could see the beauty in simple wreckage. Find your soft side from whatever breaks you from feeling beautiful. What’s your Beast?
If you suffer from eczema as well, here’s a few items I found that help me improve my skin daily:
Dear, Skin I’m In
First and foremost, Thank you.
Thank you for being unique and different just to fit me. I’m glad God chose you to be a part of my humanity. It’s amazing how at first I couldn’t stand you. Your mahogany richness was never the problem but the condition you were in made me tremble at times. Eczema. I would sometimes cover you up in embarrassment because I wasn’t like others. Not only did I have to ponder about the attack ON my skin, but I constantly thought about the attack OF my skin. That was before I knew your true beauty. I wanted you to be lighter and have a better/clearer skin complexion. The way society speaks of your pigment makes me wonder. Why? Why would they talk about such grace of a color? I soon enough found out that your imperfections were the greatest gift that God could have ever granted me. I want to keep your scars, your dark spots, your imperfect skin.
Without You, I wouldn’t be this humble person I am today. Looking at you in the mirror daily makes me smile. Even during the times of break outs and flare ups, I still think you are beautiful. I guess it’s because I have matured, or maybe I even realized that your appearance is great. I just wanted to write you a love letter to express my true feelings toward you. I don’t express my love for you often, but I will tell you that at the end of the day, no matter what people say about you, I will always find acceptance in you. Thank you.
Where has the time gone? You’re approaching soon and I don’t think I am ready for you or what to expect. Many of my friends have told me different things that they have experienced. The Good, The Bad, and even the ugly. But for the most part, they have made thirty sound fun. For me, I feel that Thirty is the year for crossover and for great change. Different people have different testimonies, I just want to know what my experiences will be. So instead of friends and family telling me what to expect, I came right to the source. Thirty? I have 30 questions but the age aint one
1. Where do I begin?
2. Why are you considered Old?
3. Will I be happier?
5. They call you the new 20, so am I getting older wanting to become younger?
6. Party life…..or stay home?
7. Of all the great ways you are celebrated, What could be my crazy but exciting celebration for a introvert like me?
8. Will I be financially stable?
9. Will I be fly like Beyoncé’? (Please)
10. I’ve noticed that when it comes to turning the big Three-O, the only people that seem to see it as a big celebration is WOMEN. What is that about? ( Emotional Effect)
11. Are you really considered or is it just our my imagination?
12. Why do people give women the look when we say, “I’m almost thirty”?
13. Will I be “Flirty” or “Dirty 30”?
14. I see you as a breakthrough age, where everything happens to thrive. Is that true?
15. Is there a new beginning on the horizon?
17. Or (I would think I would need a man first) New Love?
18. Or just maybe contentment?
19. Is motherhood in the near future?
20. Friends…How many of us have them.. Will I lose friendships because of growth within myself?
21. Or Gain weight because of unnecessary baggage?
22. Will My Spiritual attitude grow?
23. Will you show my true self ?
24. Do I accept my flaws of my 20s?
25. Does my 20s behavior follow me in to my 30s?
26. What beauty enhancements will I encounter?
27. Now, do I get what my parents meant “you’ll understand when you get older”?
28. Does the stupid B.S end. Or just begin?
29. Am I too late for my dreams?
30. …..Or will I live in my purpose?
I simply cant wait to turn thirty I feel like my 20s have prepared me for you. So I will take it in stride. Walk in you without looking back because I am ready for the huge change you have in store for me.